Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

#4 MIDTERM PORTFOLIO

Food: How Safe is one of my favorite spreads I have done. I felt it was a challenge but then had a little more free range due to the very small body copy. For some reason, my favorite part is my byline design, from field to kitchen. I like how the difference in font and style really separates it from the rest of the layout. I had a lot of difficulty with creating a clipping path in photoshop and then placing it into InDesign. not matter what i did to my bunch of tomatoes they still had a white path around them. I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. To solve my problem for this final layout, I created the whole header with the word "food" and the tomato image in Illustrator and then placed it as a link into InDesign. Then I re-addressed a few issues in the body copy. Another part of this design that I believe works well is the side bar with Fresh Concerns. I spent five and a half hours on the spread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment