Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

#3 MIDTERM PORTFOLIO

I love this magazine ad. At first when I received the assignment I thought I would hate it due to the fact that the purpose was to sell fishing lures. The ad left a lot of creative room. I really liked incorporating the product into the header. For the final design I ended up moving the lures so they hung off the letter "t" instead of the letter "p". It definitely helps center the focus and fills more space. Also bringing the small copy block on the first page toward center a little filled some empty space and helped relate more to the design. I also enjoy my vintage fishing photograph. It's classic! One issue with this ad was to make the fishing lures not look pixelated. I ended up being lucky and found pretty large images of the lures, but I did have to but a slight film grain on them to disguise the pixels a tiny bit. I like the simplicity of this layout....AND NO BARS! This is the first layout I have ever done where I didn't use a bar of color. I didn't even realize it until it was pointed out to me. I spent six hours on the magazine ad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment