Recent Posts

Friday, December 10, 2010

'1984' by George Orwell

It is complete! Here is my final dust jacket for the book '1984' by George Orwell. This was definitely a learning process. Once I began putting together the book cover on the computer I realized I probably should have done an illustration for the back cover. I quickly did a simple illustration of the repeated grid pattern that is seen on the front cover. Also, after i had the entire cover done I realized I designed it for a book that required a jacket that was 22" long! WHAT?!! My printer can only handle 13x19 paper. I quickly had to search for a smaller book that I could make work. Thus, why on the front cover there is a lovely little banner at the bottom of the book that says AMAZON.COM BEST-SELLER! That's right. My original illustration was .25" short of the new found book. I made it work! Here's the final book!




0 comments:

Post a Comment