Recent Posts

Monday, December 14, 2009

{1984}


Here is the final audio book for 1984. I really liked this project just because it had so many different components. I also feel good about this book because I actually designed to box template and the CD holder template myself. I never could find an existing template that worked for me.

I spent around 20 hours on this audio book. I really tried to make it look super real by using all details found on an actual box. This includes things like the HarperCollins Publishing logo, compact disc logo, copyright info, barcode, and author info. I really like package design just because there are so many different aspect to design. It is a fun challenge to figure out how to tie them all together.

Instead of putting a number on the package of each disc. I just used a pixel/dot grain pattern to symbolize whether it was book 1, 2, or 3. I also used to my advantage that my printer will print directly on a cd!!!! That was really exciting. It made it more official. This was probably the project I enjoyed the most out of the semester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment