Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Project #8 - Something Fishy!


This project is creating a two page magazine spread that functions as advertising rapala fishing lures. The article is called How guys on bait shop walls become guys on bait shop walls. The body copy of this was kind of challenging and confusing. The article is made up of several stories or scenarios. I tried to separate them by small lines and making each story it's own. I really like how I incorporated the fishing lures into the title. I wasn't sure how to use them and this is the best way I could figure out.

The illustration on the right is just an idea of how the illustration will fit into the layout. I like the idea of the fisherman almost "leaning" into the page. I'm not sure how I am going to do the illustration yet. I kind of want to attempt a watercolor illustration but I have never worked with watercolor. I'm definitely intimidated by it! I spent about three hours working on this layout.

1 comments:

Professor Nelson said...

Everything seems a bit disjointed so far. The layout doesn't have much visual flow at the moment.

Post a Comment